Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Dead Reckoning

Dead Reckoning
(A labour camp in the Gulag Archipelago. Two ragged prisoners stand in the snow with their wheelbarrows.)

Georgy: What's wrong? Why are you so sad?

Shmirnoff: I just heard that Stalin is dead!

Georgy: He is? That's terrible! (They burst into tears.)

Shmirnoff: (Sobbing) He could have had me shot for looking at him the wrong way but he let me come here to work instead!

Georgy: (Sobbing) He let me keep my second youngest son! What will we do without him?

Shmirnoff: (Sobbing) And to think I only saw him last month! He seemed so alive! He was angry and complaining about how there were too many people in the world! Georgy? (Georgy has dropped dead. Shmirnoff shrugs and complacently loads the body into his wheelbarrow.)
  
More Scripts Statements Songs
© 2007, 2013. Scripts by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment